All of us have been affected by cancer in some form. Whether it is a loved one who battled and overcame, a friend who didn't, or an acquaintance who's just been diagnosed, the reality is, it's running rampant. The sad reality is, with all of the technological advances in our modern day, the numbers are still exceedingly high since President Richard Nixon first announced the "war on cancer" in 1971.
I am not a doctor nor am I an expert on cancer, but I do know that there is something very wrong with our environment; an environment that is filled with pollution and toxins. We can experience toxic overload. Some things we can't control. Some things, we CAN. Let's focus on what we CAN do.
Regarding breast cancer, here's the thing. Early detection is important. We know that. It has saved countless lives. But......and here's the very important but.....early detection is still..... cancer! It's cancer that is detected early. What I want us to focus on is a shift in mindset. PREVENTION is the only TRUE prevention! Early detection practices are very important to protect ourselves on all sides, but I want to encourage everyone to start familiarizing themselves with natural protection practices too.
Let's do our very best to help ourselves with the things we CAN control. If more people knew about these points below, I truly believe that more people would start implementing these practices into their daily lives.
|Natural breast cancer protection|
- REDUCE YOUR SUGAR INTAKE - It's a scientific fact, cancer needs fructose to SURVIVE. Without it, the tumor(s) cannot continue to grow. For more information, please reference this article from mercola.
- EAT YOUR MUSHROOMS! - If more women only knew that they could help reduce their risk of breast cancer by simply incorporating mushrooms into their daily diet, don't you think they would? Mushrooms and green vegetables are the most potent anti-cancer foods. From Dr. Fuhrman's site, "Mushrooms block tumor growth and have anti-estrogenic activity - regular consumption of mushrooms - as little as one mushroom per day - has been shown to decrease breast cancer risk by up to 60-70%". http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/prevent_breast_cancer.aspx
- TAKE FOLATE NOT FOLIC ACID - Ensure your whole food multi-vitamin contains folate. Do NOT take a synthetic multi that contains folic acid. A major risk in the excessive intake of folic acid is cancer. http://chriskresser.com/folate-vs-folic-acid
- REGULAR LYMPHATIC BREAST MASSAGE - I'm a big fan of these. The majority of our lymph nodes are found in our breasts. Toxins can build up in our lymphs. Regular lymph massage can help circulate those toxins out of the breasts and help improve circulation. The body will then naturally release the toxins.
- CHANGE YOUR DEODORANT - If your deodorant contains aluminum, parabens, or phthalates, dump it now. There are many natural deodorants on the market that do not contain these ingredients. Granted, they may not work as well, but isn't applying a couple of times a day worth it?? http://www.naturalnews.com/033364_deodorants_chemical_ingredients.html
- GO "WIRELESS" - Although not conclusive, there is some thought that wearing underwire bras prevents lymph circulation. It is best to wear wireless, and nothing at all when you have no plans. Freedom, baby!
There are many other things you can do to protect yourself from the enemy, such as no processed foods, lots of purified water, eating cruciferous vegetables and lots of leafy greens. The points I mention above I don't feel are widely known but should be for all women.
For more reading on the topic, please view:
Interested in learning more? Please visit my website.