For a delicious, light, vegetarian fare, (and kid-friendly!), a simple summer shish-ka-bob is sure to be a hit. What is better than eating with your hands? Check out this colorful summertime feast chock full of nutrients and antioxidants, including mushrooms, which have been proven to help reduce one's chance of developing breast cancer.
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in 1 inch squares
- 2 cups red pepper, cut in 1 inch squares
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 onion, cut in 1 inch squares
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, cut in 1 inch squares
- Balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- Grapeseed oil (to taste)
- Dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Course ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
Combine all vegetables in a bowl. Put the pineapple aside. Add in the grapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar. Next season with Himalayan sea salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Place on skewers alternating vegetables (and include pineapple) so you have an even amount of each piece of goodness on each skewer. Grill, and enjoy!
What is your go-to summertime recipe?
Interested in learning more? Please visit my website.